147 & 148 Leadenhall Street is an office and retail refurbishment of a Grade II listed 1920’s building in the City surrounded by tall buildings. Thornton Reynolds provided Mechanical, electrical and public health design, delivered by Thirdway under a design & build contract. First floor to Fourth were refurbished as Cat A office fit-out with marketing suite. The double height Ground floor, the original banking hall, has been retained and was formerly an event space titled ‘Grace Hall’, with catering kitchen at Basement supporting the space, which was all refurbished and restored for a ‘sui generis’ lease.
We supported John Robertson Architects [JRA] who carefully detailed the improvements to the building, including a new acoustic plant enclosure on the roof for new heat pumps to be housed. New heat pump condensers were located at Roof within this enclosure and coordinated leaving future tenant condenser space, all to the City of London Environmental Health requirements.
Arcadis project managed the process, providing quantity surveying also, with the Hong Kong based client was guided by the Goldstone development management.