Chenies St MEP + sustainability has been developed to stage 4 by Thornton Reynolds with support from Eight Versa.
Schroders bought the three buildings Minerva House, Telephone Exchange and Fitzroy House in 2013. The site of the buildings, on North Crescent, Chenies Street, Bloomsbury, London WC1E 7PH is owned and leased from the City of London. Oldest records establish the crescent origin from early 19th century, with the current buildings built between 1912 and 1920.
Stanhope engaged the design team led by Morris+Co. in April 2020 to establish feasibility for how the three buildings would be redeveloped for new leases, by establishing ‘bookends’ of the buildings treated separately to fully combining them. As a result of a feasibility review the decision was to move forward with the combining and extending of Minerva House and Telephone exchange whilst maintaining Fitzroy House as a separate building. Planning was submitted in August 2021 for Minerva House and Telephone Exchange and has an anticipated planning committee date in first quarter 2023. Fitzroy House will just be refurbished.